Girls Soccer – Shore Conference Tournament Qualifiers Highlight Week 3 Shore 16
Week 3 Girls Soccer Shore 16
1. Freehold Township (6-1) Previous Rank: 1 - Rutgers Prep, which was ranked No. 3 in New Jersey, handed Freehold Township its first loss to a New Jersey high school since the Group 4 finals against Westfield in Nov. of 2021. The Patriots trailed, 2-0, midway through the second half and were able to score one goal but not the equalizer in a 2-1 loss. Earlier in the week, Freehold Township defeated Brick Township, 4-0, to clinch first place in SCT Group 1. The Patriots also defeated Marlboro, 6-0, in a Class A North matchup. This week, they travel to No. 10 Howell on Tuesday and host St. John Vianney on Thursday in division games. Saturday, they wrap up SCT Group 1 play against Barnegat.
2. Manalapan (6-1) Previous Rank: 2 - Manalapan lost its first game of the season against Hunterdon Central, 1-0, in the Mountains vs. Sea event. It was the end of a long week for the Braves, who played four games, winning the other three. They won two SCT Group 6 games to clinch first place by defeating No. 15 Ocean Township, 2-0, and Raritan 6-0. Manalapan remains undefeated in Class A North by defeating Middletown North 4-0. This week, they only play one game, traveling to No. 8 Marlboro in a Class A North matchup.
3. Red Bank Catholic (7-0) Previous Rank: 3 - RBC is one of four teams to remain undefeated in the Shore Conference. The Caseys had a busy week, winning four games. They clinched first place in SCT Group 5 by defeating Middletown North in overtime, 3-2, and Manchester, 8-0. RBC defeated Rumson-Fair Haven in a Class A Central game, 4-1, and ended the week beating Hillsborough, 3-0. Senior Mya King has scored seven in her last three games. RBC plays two divisional games this week, hosting Holmdel on Tuesday and traveling to Shore Regional Thursday.
4. Brick Memorial (5-1) Previous Rank: 4 - The Mustangs earned three points in SCT Group 5, defeating Manchester 6-0. The last SCT Group game against Middletown North was rained out and rescheduled. Brick Memorial defeated cross town rivals Brick Township, 3-0. That was the fourth straight shutout for junior Giselle Lizardi. Brick Memorial has its hardest week of the season, playing two Class A South games against No. 5 Central Regional on Tuesday at No. 9 Jackson Memorial on Thursday.
5. Central Regional (7-0) Previous Rank: 5 - Central Regional clinched first place in SCT Group 7 after defeating Ranney, 9-0, and Manasquan, 4-1. The Golden Eagles beat Toms River South in a Class A South game, 5-0. Central travels to No. 4 Brick Memorial Tuesday in a battle between two undefeated teams in the division. Last year, Brick Memorial won in a back and forth game 4-3. Central Regional hosts Brick Township on Thursday in a divisional game.
6. Wall (6-1) Previous Rank: 7 - Wall clinched first place in SCT Group 8 after defeating Jackson Liberty, 6-1, and Long Branch, 7-1. The Knights stay undefeated in Class A Central, defeating Red Bank Regional, 5-1. Wall ended the week beating Somerville, 3-0, in the Mountains vs. Sea Event. This week the Knights travel to Raritan on Tuesday and host Holmdel on Thursday in divisional games. Saturday they travel to No. 12 Manasquan in a rivalry game.
7. Point Boro (5-0-1) Previous Rank: 8 - The Panthers shutout both of their opponents this week, giving them four on the season. Point Boro beat Matawan 5-0 in a SCT Group 10 game to move them one step closer to clinching first place. They followed that with a Class B South victory against Lakewood, 6-0. This week, Point Boro travels to Pinelands on Tuesday and hosts Manchester on Thursday in Class B South matchups. Saturday, they travel to No. 15 Toms River North in a non divisional game.
8. Marlboro (5-1-1) Previous Rank: 9 - Marlboro clinched a spot in the SCT after defeating St. Rose, 6-0, and played Toms River North to a 1-1 draw. The Mustangs will have to wait until TRN plays Pinelands to see if they finish in first or second place in SCT Group 2. Marlboro was handed their first Class A North defeat by No. 1 Freehold Township, 6-0. Their schedule does not get any easier this week, Marlboro hosts No. 2 Manalapan on Tuesday and travels to No. 10 Howell on Thursday.
9. Jackson Memorial (7-1) Previous Rank: 10 - The Jaguars have won five straight games and all by shutout. They were the third Shore Conference team to go 4-0 on the week, winning two SCT Group 3 games last week to secure first place. They defeated Donovan Catholic, 7-0, and No. 16 Monmouth Regional, 1-0. Wednesday, they beat Toms River East in a Class A South matchup, 1-0. Saturday they finished the week beating Watchung Hills in the Mountain vs Seas Event, 1-0. Jackson Memorial will be tested this week hosting No. 15 Toms River North on Tuesday and No. 4 Brick Memorial on Thursday in Class A South matchups. Saturday, they travel to Rumson-Fair Haven in a non-divisional game.
10. Howell (3-4) Previous Rank: 11 - Howell won its first SCT Group 8 game, defeating Long Branch, 6-0. The Rebels defeated Middletown South, which was ranked sixth at the time, in overtime, 3-2, in a Class A North matchup. They ended the week losing to Pingry, 3-1, at the Mountains vs. Sea event. This week Howell hosts No. 1 Freehold Township on Tuesday and No. 8 Marlboro on Thursday in divisional games. On Saturday they host Jackson Liberty in a SCT Group 8 game. If the Rebels win, they clinch a spot in the SCT.
11. Middletown South (3-3) Previous Rank: 6 - Middletown South clinched a spot in the SCT after defeating No. 14 Point Beach, 8-3, in a Group 4 game. The Eagles lost their third straight Class A North game in overtime to current No. 10 Howell, 3-2. Saturday, they defeated Ridge, 3-0, in the Mountains vs Sea Event. Sophomore Bea Tinoco scored her ninth goal of the season in the game. This week, the Eagles travel to Shore Regional on Tuesday in a non-divisional game. Thursday, they host crosstown rival Middletown North in a Class A North matchup and end the week Saturday against Freehold Boro in their final SCT Group 4 game.
12. Manasquan (3-2-1) Previous Rank: 12 -.Manasquan split its SCT Group 7 games this week, defeating St. John Vianney, 2-1, and losing to No. 5 Central Regional, 4-1. Both of the Warriors' losses this season have come to teams ranked in the top five. They remain undefeated in Class B North, defeating No. 15 Ocean Township, 5-1. Wednesday, the Warriors will look to clinch a spot in the SCT when they travel to Ranney. Monday, they travel to St. Rose and Saturday host No. 6 Wall in non-divisional games. Thursday, they host Freehold Boro in a Class B North matchup.
13. Trinity Hall (4-0-1) Previous Rank: 13 - Trinity Hall won its first SCT Group 9 game, defeating Lakewood, 7-0. The Monarchs remain undefeated in Class B North after defeating Freehold Boro, 4-0. Senior Kaylin McCarthy has scored in four out of five games for Trinity Hall this season. This week Trinity Hall travels to Rumson-Fair Haven on Thursday and hosts Southern Saturday in SCT Group 9 play. They open the week at Matawan in a Class B North game.
14. Point Beach (4-1) Previous Rank: 15 -.Point Beach is one of two teams that remain undefeated in Class B Central after defeating No. 16 Monmouth Regional, 4-0. Junior Mackenzie Highland came up with difficult saves, including a save on a penalty kick, to give the Gulls the shutout. Point Beach lost to No. 11 Middletown South in a SCT Group 4 game, 8-3. Monday the Garnet Gulls travel to Toms River South, with the winner securing a spot in the SCT. Tuesday, they travel to Keyport and Thursday they host rival St. Rose in Class B Central matchups.
15. Toms River North (3-1-1) Previous Rank: Not Ranked - The Mariners battled to a 1-1 tie against No. 8 Marlboro in a SCT Group 2 game. TRN also defeated Southern, 2-0, in a Class A South game. This week TRN travels to No. 9 Jackson Memorial on Tuesday and hosts crosstown rival Toms River South on Thursday in two divisional games. The Mariners also host No. 7 Point Boro on Saturday in a non-divisional game.
16. Lacey (6-2) Previous Rank: Not Ranked - Lacey has won five straight games and has not given up a goal in those matches. The Lions clinched first place in SCT Group 11, defeating Neptune, 6-0, and Asbury Park, 5-0. The Lions won their second Class B South game, defeating Pinelands, 8-0. Junior Mackenzie Brotherston scored 6 of her 12 goals of the season for Lacey last week. Lacey plays two Class B South games this week: Monday they host Manchester and Thursday they travel to Lakewood.