A Thanksgiving clash between Manasquan and Shore Regional is The Block GameDay Countdown Game of the Week
Thanksgiving football is back and the Shore Sports Network will once again be on Broad Street in Manasquan for this season's final edition of The Block GameDay Countdown Game of the Week.
As part of the GameDay Countdown, those attending the game are invited to look for the Shore Sports Network SUV and sign up to win dinner for six with limo transportation to The Butcher's Block in Long Branch at the end of the season. This promotion will end in November (TBD) with our final Friday night appearance. The contest is open to those 18 years and older.
We also have a special giveaway for the Thanksgiving game. We will draw two entries from Thursday's on-site signup and at halftime we will announce the winners who will each take home a gorgeous ribeye steak from the Butcher's Block.
On Thanksgiving day, Manasquan, ranked No. 7 in the latest Jeep Store SSN Football Top 10, will host Shore Regional in the season finale for each team. There are just four Thanksgiving Day games remaining in the Shore and for those schools it remains a special tradition and a chance for the seniors to go out with one final game in front of their family and friends.
Manasquan has played Wall on Thanksgiving since 2000 but that game was canceled due to the ongoing hazing investigation at Wall High School. Manasquan still wanted to play on Thanksgiving and Shore Regional stepped forward for the matchup.
The host Warriors enter with a 7-3 record in a season that has included a trip to the NJSIAA Central Jersey Group 3 semifinals. Junior quarterback Brett Patten is one of several Warriors who have enjoyed breakout seasons, throwing for 1,490 yards and 24 touchdowns and rushing for 280 yards and eight touchdowns. Senior Cole Kozlowski has been one of the best two-way players in the Shore this season with 38 receptions for 679 yards and nine touchdowns as a wide receiver and two interceptions on defense as a safety.
Junior running back Jhamier Howard, senior wide receiver Robert Pendergist, and senior running back Patrick Woodford have also had standout seasons and give Manasquan a dynamic offense with several weapons.
Defensively, brothers Ryan and Jack Burns have helped lead the way along with senior JJ Cavanagh.
The visiting Blue Devils are also 7-3 on the season and reached the semifinals of the South Jersey Group 1 playoffs. Senior Jamie Mazzacco has been a one-man wrecking crew this season as Shore's quarterback, sometimes running back, linebacker, and kicker/punter. He enters the game with 1,529 yards rushing and 24 touchdowns on an average of 6.3 yards per carry, 650 yards passing and four touchdowns, a team-high 69 tackles with four tackles for loss and one interception, 25 extra points, and two field goals. He's also averaged just under 37 yards per punt.
Senior Andrew Decker has 334 yards rushing and three touchdowns, senior Alex Kramer leads the receivers with 16 receptions for 260 yards and three touchdowns, and sophomore Jackson Whitacre has been a menace on defense with 59 tackles, seven sacks, and 12 tackles for loss.
Each week during the season the Shore Sports Network has highlighted one game at which Ed Sarluca has done live segments before, during, and after the game on our Shore Sports Network Facebook page. In addition, we awarded an MVP to the game’s top player who will be interviewed on the field as part of our Facebook coverage.
This weekly segment has been presented by The Butcher’s Block in Long Branch which will re-open soon following an extensive renovation that includes a full bar. Owned and operated by former Monmouth Regional quarterback Tommy D’Ambrisi, The Block has quickly become a Jersey Shore favorite, especially for streak lovers.
As part of the GameDay Countdown, those attending the game are invited to look for the Shore Sports Network SUV and sign up to win dinner for six with limo transportation to The Block at the end of the season. This promotion will end in November (TBD) with our final Friday night appearance. The contest is open to those 18 years and older.
1. No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
2. Eligibility: Townsquare Media Inc. Giveaways (the “Giveaways”) are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous states who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Townsquare Media Inc., their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Giveaways, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Giveaways (collectively “Giveaway Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
3. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Contest is Townsquare Media Inc. (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 1 Manhattanville Rd, Suite 202, Purchase, NY 10577.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the legal age of majority in their home state) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Giveaway (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Giveaway site.
6. Entry: To enter a Giveaway, follow the instructions on the Giveaway site. Submission will result in several entries. The number of times you can enter the Giveaway will be posted on the applicable Giveaway site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
7. Drawing: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select the name of the potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Giveaway will be posted on the applicable Giveaway site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winner will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Giveaway.
8. Requirements of the Potential Winners: If a potential winner is not of legal age of majority in his or her state of residence (a “minor”), at Sponsor’s option, the applicable prize will be awarded to the minor or the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Except where prohibited, the potential winners (or their parent/legal guardian in the case of a minor) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner (or their parent/legal guardian in the case of a minor) fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received.
9. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Giveaway will be posted on the Giveaway site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners (or their parent/legal guardian in the case of a minor) are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to individuals it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants (and parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsors’ and Giveaway Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Sponsor or the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s (and parent/legal guardian’s if entrant is a minor) rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
13. Giveaway Results: To request the name of the winners, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Giveaway you are requesting the winners for) to Townsquare Media List, c/o Townsquare Media Inc., 1 Manhattanville Rd, Suite 202, Purchase, NY 10577. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable Giveaway.
14. Uploading Media: If the contest includes uploading media – including but not limited to pictures, videos or audio – entrant gives Townsquare Media, Inc. unconditional license to use such pictures, video or audio without limitation.
These are the 25 Best Places To Live in New Jersey