Gateway Toyota’s ‘Kick For The Win Giveaway’ Official Contest Rules
GATEWAY TOYOTA - FIELD GOAL FINALE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD BEGINS AT 6:00:01 P.M. EASTERN TIME (“ET”) ON September 16, 2016 AND RUNS THROUGH 8:00:00 P.M. ET ON OCTOBER 28, 2016 (THE “SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD”). SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF NEW JERSEY, WHO ARE 16 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. Anyone 16 years of age or older may stop by the promotions tent at the following locations, dates and times to enter: Point Boro High School on September 16, 2016; Toms River South High School on September 23, 2016; Toms River North High School on September 24, 2016; Brick High School on September 30, 2016; Toms River North High School on October 7, 2016; Jackson Memorial High School on October 14, 2016; and Toms River East High School on October 21, 2016. Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address, per week by registering at the entrance of each football game referenced above, but may only participate once for this Sweepstakes. The Gateway Toyota (“Sponsor”) computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, mobile phone numbers, identities or any other methods may void that entrant’s entry. No other forms of entry are valid other than those set forth above. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the state of New Jersey, who are 16 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [parents, children, siblings and spouse]) and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) (collectively, “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”) are not eligible to participate or win. THE FOLLOWING CLASSES OF PEOPLE ARE INELIGIBLE TO WIN: Current or former Olympic, semi-professional or professional football, soccer or rugby players; current or former high school or college football, soccer or rugby players who have competed at that level within the past six (6) years; current or former football, soccer or rugby coaches who have coached within the past six (6) years.
- PRIZES: There will be a total of eight (8) prizes given away over the course of seven (7) weeks (“Qualifying Prize”). Each of the winners shall receive a $105 gas card and free oil changes (“Prize”). One winner will be drawn and announced during the half time event on each of the dates listed below (“Winner”). The Winner need not be present to win. After all seven Winners have been drawn, an additional random drawing out of the seven winners (“Qualifying Winner”), will be conducted by Town Square Media and shall take place not later than October 25, 2016, for the opportunity to kick a football through a field goal and win a 2016 Toyota Tundra (“Finale Prize”). The drawing for the Finale Prize will be conducted by Town Square Media.
September 16, 2016 - Point Boro High School
September 23, 2016 - Toms River South High School
September 24, 2016 - Toms River North High School
September 30, 2016 - Brick High School
October 7, 2016 - Toms River North High School
October 14, 2016 - Jackson Memorial High School
October 21, 2016 - Toms River East High School
On October 28, 2016, during the halftime event, the final randomly selected winner will have the opportunity to kick a football through a field goal and win a 2016 Toyota Tundra. The terms Prize, Qualifying Prize and Finale Prize shall also be collectively referred to as the “Prizes”. The Prizes do not include any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, however, the Prizes may vary based on availability. Additional expenses, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be transferred nor may they be redeemable for cash. Only the stated Prizes will be awarded and no substitutions or cash equivalents or redemption will be made, except that Gateway Toyota reserves the right to award Prizes of equal or greater financial value if any advertised Prize (or any component thereof) becomes unavailable. The winner of the Finale Prize must visit Gateway Toyota on a mutually convenient date and time to secure their Prize and facilitate delivery of the Prize. If a Prize is won by a minor, the Prize will then be awarded to the parent or guardian of the minor. The Winner may be required to present a valid social security card before claiming their prize. Winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is” and hereby acknowledges that, as applicable, Sponsor may provide the contest winner with an IRS from 1099 during the relative tax season. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the number of entries received.
- DRAWING: One Winner will be drawn each week on each of the seven (7) dates stated above, from all eligible entries received. The drawings for the Qualifying Prizes will be conducted by an independent judging agency whose decisions are final and binding. The Winners will be notified by email and phone. If a winner is unreachable after two (2) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, their prize shall be deemed forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. The Qualifying Winner will have the chance to win the Qualifying Prize by attempting to kick a football through a set of goal posts as specified by the administrator of the Sweepstakes. The Qualifying Winner must kick the regulation football from the center hash marks of the field. IMPORTANT: If the Qualifying Winner touches or crosses the distance marker her/she will be disqualified and will not have another attempt to kick the football. The football must go through the goal posts on the fly, without bouncing or coming in contact with any item, person, or surface that would alter or enhance the flight path of the football (except the inside of the goal posts). The football must go through the goal posts in order to be considered a winning kick. Contestants may kick from the ground using a simulated holding device or another individual holding the ball (the ball may not bounce or touch the ground prior to passing through the goal posts). No tee may be used. The Qualifying Winner is not allowed any warm-up or practice kicks of any kind, and has only one (1) attempt regardless of the outcome or distance of their kick attempt. If the Qualifying Winner successfully kicks the football through the goal posts as instructed by the administrator of the Sweepstakes, he/she will win the Finale Prize. If the Qualifying Winner does not make the field goal kick pursuant to the guidelines herein, no Finale Prize will be awarded. If Sponsor cannot find a Qualifying Winner for the Finale Prize, that Prize will not be awarded. By entering, participants agree that the decisions of Sponsor are final. The Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning are contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Prize associated with that winner shall be forfeited and may be un-awarded. Winner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”).
- GENERAL RULES: Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on contestants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Any taxes associated with any Prize are the responsibility of the Winner. The Winner, by acceptance of the Prize, agrees to release Sponsor and Promotion Parties and Released Parties as defined below (including but not limited to Strong Automotive and Town Square Media) and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, employees and advertising agencies from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize. Additional rules and regulations may apply.
- RELEASE: By receipt of any prize, Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, its promotions partners and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such companies’ officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winners’ consent to Sponsor and its agents (including but not limited to American Hole ‘n One) use of Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor in its sole discretion may for any reason and without notice to entrants change the promotions Official Rules and will post such changes conspicuously at Sponsor’s location at the time they become effective. Gateway Toyota is not responsible and provides no warranties regarding the use of the Finale Prize. Other conditions and restrictions may apply.
- INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsors on account of technical problems or mail delays or any combination thereof.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the state of New Jersey in the appropriate State Court located in County, New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
- SPONSOR: Gateway Toyota.
- Winner: A list of Winners will be published on the following official sites of Gateway Toyota: or can be obtained by mail by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Gateway Toyota, 395 Route 37 East, Toms River, NY 08753.