Girls Basketball Weekly Top 19
TOP 10 PRIOR TO MONDAY'S GAMES
- SJV (1) 2-0 - SJV proved why they are one of the country’s best teams. They defeated the #14 team in the country, Bishop McNamara, 70-54 on Saturday behind a strong second half showing. On Sunday they defeated Mount St. Marys to wrap up the She Got Game Classic held in Holmdel. This week they get into A Central with games vs Matawan and Long Branch
- Manasquan (2) 1-0 - The Warriors defeated Archbishop Carroll (PA) 55-45 behind a dominant 4th quarter lead by juniors Hope Masonius and McKenna Karlson. Sophomore Olivia Shaughnessy had a strong 1st half to keep Manasquan in the game until they were able to take control in the 4th. This week they dive into C North with games against Ranney and #3 St. Rose on Thursday at 5:30 at home.
- St. Rose (3) 2-0 - The Roses have gotten off to a great start to the season, knocking off two top 20 teams in the state. Opening night they defeated Rumson 55-49 in a game that saw their 23 point lead disappear in the 4th quarter. Saturday they defeated #10 in New Jersey Gill St. Bernard’s in the She Got Game Classic 50-36 behind a great game from senior Maggie Cavanaugh. This week they face two top 10 Shore teams, #7 Wall on Monday and #2 Manasquan Thursday.
- RBC (4) 2-0 - RBC opened the season with two lopsided wins. They defeated Mount St. Mary 62-26 and then defeated Neumann Goretti (PA) 74-43 on Saturday. Freshman Addy Nymchek is having a good start to career leading the team with 25 points in two games. This week they start division games in B North against Middletown South and Middletown North.
- 5.Trinity Hall (NR) 3-0 - Starting the season unranked, the Monarchs defeated two top 10 Shore Teams and the #15 team in the state in the opening week. They opened the season with a lopsided win vs #9 Holmdel 51-29 and then defeated #7 Wall 50-38. They ended on Sunday by defeating #15, Shawnee, 49-41 in the She Got Game Classic. Nina Emnace is averaging just over 20 points a game to start the season. This week they get into division games in A North against Marlboro and Freehold Township.6
- Ocean Twp (8) 1-0 - Ocean opened up against Neptune this week with a 44-32 win. Junior Eli Clark had 18 points and 3 steals to lead the team. The team has two C South games this week against Donovan Catholic and Jackson Liberty. The team will receive a boost when junior Jineen Ayyash returns, which should be before the new year.7.
- Wall (7) 0-1 - Wall opened up with a hard fought loss against Trinity Hall 50-38. Emily Tvrdik finished with 18 points and 3 rebounds. Wall’s schedule does not get any easier, playing C North division rival #3 St. Rose tonight and Neptune on Thursday.8.
- Rumson (5) 0-2 - Majority of the time two straight loses will drop you out of the rankings, but not when you play two of the states best. For the second year in a row Rumson put together a schedule early in the season that should pay off late in the season. They opened the season with a 55-49 lose to #3 St. Rose, coming back from 23 points down late in the 3rd quarter and then lost to Sparta 54-45. This week they play Colts Neck and Middletown South in B North matchups. 9.
- Red Bank Regional (6) 1-1 - The Lady Bucs opened the season with a 63-39 win over Long Branch, junior Josie Munson had a strong second half and finished with 20 points. Saturday they lost to Chatham 69-30 in the She Got Game Classic. This week they face Middletown North and Colts Neck to start division play in B North.10.
- Jackson Memorial (NR) 2-0 - Unranked Jackson Memorial opened the season up with two wins without star player Zoie Maffei. They defeated Middletown North 47-35 on opening night and then beat Donovan Catholic 48-36. Senior Chloe Messner has stepped on the offensive end averaging 19 points a game. This week they play Toms River South and then a rivalry game against Toms River North on Thursday to see who will be in the top spot in A South to start the season.
Bubble : Holmdel 1-1, TRN 0-1, Shore Regional 1-1
LOOK: 25 fascinating vintage photos of the first Winter Olympic Games
The first-ever Winter Olympics were held in Chamonix, France, showcasing a variety of sports and athletes. Stacker assembled a collection of photos from those first Games.