Vote For The Ocean County, New Jersey Athlete Of The Month
Voting has begun for the Shore Sports Network/92.7 WOBM April Ocean County Athlete of the Month. Below are the nine finalists from among the list of nominees submitted by the athletic directors of the Ocean County high schools. You have until Monday, April 19 at 10 pm to vote for your choice with the winner to receive a feature story, on-air recognition, a special award from Ocean Trophies of Lanoka Harbor and a $100 gift card.
Voting is restricted to one vote per hour per device.
SSN/WOBM Ocean County Athlete of the Month Nominees
Name: Caitlin Beahm
School: Toms River North
Sports: Volleyball and Lacrosse (Captain)
- Varsity letter winner for all 3 years in both sports.
- AP Student with high honors for all 3 years of high school
- Has committed to Division 1 Eastern Michigan for Lacrosse
Name: Cayli Biele
School: Lacey Township
Sports: Soccer, Basketball, Lacrosse (Captain for all three)
- 4-year starter in all three sports.
- NJSIAA Scholar Athlete Award
- Coaches Award, Captains Award
- Defensive Player of the Year (Soccer)
- AP Honor Student (STEM, AP, College Classes)
- Senior of the Month (April)
Name: Nick Bilinski
School: Central Regional
Sports: Ice Hockey
- Comeback Player of the Year after returning from a senior concussion which included a brain bleed.
- Helped lead team to their second consecutive division title.
- Goalie who led the Shore Conference in save percentage and goals against average.
- School record holder for career saves.
Name: Rachel Capua
School: Jackson Memorial
Sports: Basketball (Captain)
- 4-year starter
- 1st team All-Shore, 1st Team All-Pod Tournament, Team MVP
- 2nd in the Shore Conference in scoring
- 1,000 point scorer.
- Will continue her career at East Stroudsburg on a basketball scholarship.
Name: Eddie Hummel
School: Southern Regional
Sports: Wrestling (Captain)
- Finished 3rd in NJSIAA Championships as a junior.
- Collected his 100th career win in March.
- Honor Roll student
- Committed to the United States Military Academy at West Point
Name: Josh Kline
School: Pinelands Regional
Sports: Football, Basketball, Tennis
- Two-time Basketball MVP
- All-Shore, All-Pod
- Considered a model student-athlete
Name: David Szuba
School: Brick Memorial
Sports: Football, Wrestling (Captain)
- 2-time District Wrestling Champion, 3-time Region Place-winner and State Qualifier, placed 2nd in NJSIAA Championships as a junior.
- #1 ranked heavyweight in NJ and #2 in the U.S.
- Full Scholarship to Rider University.
Name: Maggie Thompson
School: Brick Township
Sports: Bowling (Captain)
- 1st Team All-Shore
- 2nd Team All-State
- 175 average as a sophomore was best in division
- 92.125 GPA
Name: Evan Wall
Sports: Football, Indoor Track (Captain), Outdoor Track (Captain)
- 2-year football starter
- 4-year varsity Indoor/Outdoor Track
- One of the top hurdlers in Ocean County
- National Honor Society
- Ambassador/Mentor to student-athletes
- Committed to the University of Florida on an academic scholarship.
LOOK: Here are the 25 best places to live in New Jersey