VOTE for the Monmouth County, NJ Student-Athlete of the Month for May 2021
Voting has begun for the Shore Sports Network/94.3 The Point May Monmouth County Athlete of the Month. Below are the nine finalists from among the list of nominees submitted by the athletic directors of the Monmouth County high schools. You have until Monday, May 31 at 10 pm to vote for your choice with the winner to receive a feature story, on-air recognition, a special award from Ocean Trophies of Lanoka Harbor, and a $100 gift card.
Voting is restricted to one vote per hour per device.
SSN/The Point Monmouth County Athlete of the Month Nominees
Name: Lindsay Cannon
Sports: Lacrosse, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Flag Football (Basketball and Lacrosse captain)
- Holmdel representative to attend the Monmouth University Women’s Leadership Celebration.
- Will graduate with 13 varsity letters, including 4 in her senior year (most in school history).
- Playing in the inaugural Shore Conference girls flag football league
- National Honor Society
- Will attend the University of Tennessee (Nursing)
Name: Adam Coleman
Sports: Football, Wrestling, Track
- Running back and safety on the football team
- State wrestling qualifier at 160 pounds. Was seeded 12th and placed third in the Central Super Region by defeating the No. 4, No. 5, No. 7 and No. 9 seeds
- Top 5 in 110 hurdles; Anchor of the 4 x 400 relay team
- Will wrestling at Delaware Valley.
Name: Caroline Harlow
School: Middletown South
Sports: Lacrosse, Tennis
- Lacrosse- Team leader in goals, named one of the top 100 seniors in NJ, All-Division as a sophomore (no junior season). 2-year captain
- Tennis-3-year captain
- Ranked 8th in the senior class
- President of the National Honor Society and French Honor Society
- Attending Colgate University
Name: Patrick Jamin
School: Rumson-Fair Haven
Sports: Football, Lacrosse (captain of both)
- 2nd Team All-Shore Football wide receiver as a senior; helped Bulldogs win state sectional and regional titles as a sophomore.
- Earned various lacrosse honors, including second-team SSN All-Shore, as a sophomore (no junior season)
- Among the state’s top lacrosse midfielders; has totaled 30 goals and 33 assists this spring for the undefeated Bulldogs (ranked No. 1 in the Shore and No. 5 in NJ)
- Will play both football and lacrosse at Middlebury College
Name: Ethan Lee
School: Christian Brothers Academy
- Led Colts to Shore Conference Tournament and Non-Public A Championships
- Won Shore Conference individual title
- Finished 4th at the NJSIAA Tournament of Champions
Name: Erin Picklo
Sports: Winter/Spring Track (captain)
- 4-time member of the Freehold Regional HS All-District Team
- School record holder in 4 x 400 relay
- MVP and Prestigious Performance Award as a sophomore (no junior season)
- Top 4% of her Senior Class
- VP of the National Honor Society, member of the National History and Spanish Honor Societies
- Captain, Consumer Bowl Team
Name: Jordana Tomasetti
School: Middletown North
Sports: Lacrosse (captain)
- School’s all-time leading scorer in goals and points
- Has 47 goals this season and 116 for her career
- Named one of the top 100 players in New Jersey
- High Honor Roll, National Honor Society and National Science Honor Society; Top 10% of her class
- Playing lacrosse at Dominican College
Name: Jamie Polonet
School: Freehold Township
Sports: Gymnastics (captain)
- 1st team All-Shore and 1st team All-State
- Set school records on the uneven bars (highest score in NJ) and the all-around.
- Helped team go 45-0 during her four years, winning four division titles and three consecutive NJSIAA championships (no event this year).
- National Honor Society; Peer Leader; “A” average in AP courses.
Name: Lilly Shapiro
School: Colts Neck
Sports: Cross Country, Winter/Spring Track
- Recently ran the #2 time in the US and the #2 time in New Jersey history in the 1.600 (4:40.15).
- Also ranked #1 in NJ in the 800 and #2 in the 3200.
- Won Shore Conference titles in the 800, 1600 and 4x400 relay events after winning the same three at the Monmouth County Championships
- During Cross Country was the #1 runner in Group III and unofficial All-Group champion.
LOOK: Here are the 25 best places to live in New Jersey