Vote for the Monmouth County, NJ Student-Athlete of the Month for June, 2021
Voting has begun to select June's Shore Sports Network/94.3 The Point Monmouth County Athlete of the Month. Below are the seven finalists from among the list of nominees submitted by the athletic directors of the Monmouth County high schools. You have until Wednesday, June 30 at 10 pm to vote for your choice with the winner to receive a feature story, on-air recognition, a special award from Ocean Trophies of Lanoka Harbor, and a $100 gift card.
Voting is restricted to one vote per hour per device.
SSN/The Point Monmouth County Athlete of the Month Nominees
Name: Noah Evans
Sports: Spring Track & Field (Team captain)
- Triple jump: Central Jersey Group 3 champion, 6th at the Shore Conference Championships, 2nd at the Monmouth County Championships.
- Long jump: 5th-place at the Central Jersey Group 3 Championships.
- 110 hurdles: 5th-place at the Central Jersey Group 3 Championships; 5th place at the Monmouth County Championships.
- Said to be an extremely dedicated, diligent, and hard-working athlete.
Name: Renee Lioudakis
School: Middletown South
- 4-year letter winner
- Voted team MVP
- School Sportsmanship Award honoree.
Name: Casey Mulligan
Sports: Lacrosse, Basketball (Lacrosse captain)
- Lacrosse - Shore Conference Lacrosse Coaches Association First Team All-Shore selection.
- Among the Shore’s top attackmen with 61 goals and 27 assists for 88 points.
- Help lead Manasquan to the Class B South title and appearances in the Shore Conference Tournament and NJSIAA Group 1 state championship games.
- Basketball – A 3rd team All-Shore selection who helped Warriors win the main bracket in the Shore Conference Tournament.
- Outstanding student-athlete who will be attending the University of Pennsylvania to continue his lacrosse career.
Name: Sarah O’Leary
Sports: Volleyball, Basketball, Softball
- Softball: 11 HR’s, 41 RBI this season with a school-record 14 doubles; Finished with a .405 career batting average; Part of the Rockets’ Class A Central championship teams in 2019 & 2021
- Basketball: Third on the team in scoring, second in rebounds, and first in steals.
- Volleyball: Led team in kills and blocks.
- Headed to Towson University.
Name: Zachary Orrico
School: Freehold Township
Sports: Soccer, Basketball, Spring Track, Golf (Soccer & Basketball captain for two years)
- Soccer: 2019 Shore Conference Player of the Year; Led team to back-to-back Class A North division championships; program record for career points and assists; All-Division, All-State, All-County selection during his career.
- Basketball: 4-year starter at point guard and finished third in career assists.
- Track: Varsity letter winner as a freshman & sophomore.
- Golf: Varsity letter winner and No. 2 player as a junior & senior.
- Freehold Township’s 2021 Male Athlete of the Year.
- Ranked 14th in a senior class of 512 students.
- Will be attending Stevens Institute of Technology.
Name: Cole Tucker
School: Colts Neck
Sports: Track & Field (Captain)
- Won the Meet of Champions shot put gold medal with a throw of 64’-10.5 to win by five meters over the second-place finisher.
- Won the Central Jersey Group 3 and overall Group 3 shot put state titles.
- Ranked No. 1 in the nation for the indoor season and is currently in the top five outdoors.
- Adidas Indoor Nationals runner-up.
- Central Jersey Group 3 sectional champ and Group 3 state runner-up in the discus.
- Colts Neck Male Athlete of the Year
- He will continue his athletic and academic career at Boston University
Name: Evan Woska
Sports: Cross Country, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track (2-time captain in all three)
- NJ Independent Schools Scholar-Athlete of the Year
- In cross country, Woska is the school record holder in the 5K, 800m, 1600m & 3200m both indoors and outdoors, and also in the 400m outdoors.
- Second at the 2019-20 indoor group championships in the 1600m and 4th in the 800m.
- Third place at the Shore Conference Championships (800m) and 2nd place in the Non-Public B 800m.
- Valedictorian and Class President.
- Concertmaster of the school orchestra, leader and partial founder of EBF Club.
- Will run track at Emory University where he was accepted as a Goizueta Scholar.