Football: Video Plays of the Week, 11/13/13
Welcome to the latest edition of the Shore Sports Network’s top plays, highlighting the most dazzling and exciting moments from Shore Conference football action.
This week we take a look at the top clips from Week Nine. Obviously, we can’t be filming every game at once, so if you have a great clip on YouTube, Vimeo or some other service where it can be embedded, or if you have the raw video file, feel free to email me a link at email@example.com or tweet it to me at @Scott_Stump.
Here we go...
10. Rumson-Fair Haven fullback Dylan Zohn plows in from a yard out on fourth-and-goal for the game-winner with 54 seconds left in a 22-15 win over Manasquan. This has become somewhat of a "you make the call" clip as there were some questions from the Manasquan side about whether the play should have been blown dead after he was initially stood up and whether his knee was down. It's kind of tough to tell, but it appears like he got it on the second effort without the knee down.
9. Southern's Rob Yaiser leaps to make an interception in the end zone against Toms River East. This turned out to be a big play considering Southern won 17-14.
8. Raritan quarterback Riley Sullivan threads the needle for the game-winning 2-yard touchdown pass to Colby Jones with 45 seconds left against St. John Vianney. Somehow he fit this between multiple defenders for the score.
7. Monsignor Donovan quarterback Vinny Grasso bursts up the middle for a 50-yard touchdown run against Jackson Liberty. Grasso had a big night in the 28-25 win over the Lions. Watch the run at the 2:10 mark of this clip here.
6. Brick Memorial quarterback Rob Triano busts a 77-yard touchdown run against Lacey. Triano had the best game of his career in a 40-7 win over the Lions with 228 yards rushing and a combined four touchdowns between rushing and passing.
5. Mater Dei Prep quarterback Christian Palmer heaves a clutch touchdown pass to Eddie Lewis late in the fourth quarter and runs for the game-winning 16-yard touchdown in overtime in a 30-24 upset of Spotswood. Both clips are toward the end of this video.
4. St. John Vianney senior Matt Falco somehow emerges from a pack of defenders and then takes off for a 77-yard touchdown against Raritan.
3. Manalapan's Dan Debner makes an interception while on his back in a 56-7 win over Howell. Debner also had his fourth special teams touchdown of the season with a 75-yard kickoff return that is also later in this clip.
2. Jackson Memorial's Mike Petrizzo delivers the sonic boom in a 9-7 win over Brick that gave the Jaguars the Class A South title. Unfortunately, Brick quarterback Joe Phillips was injured on this play. The play was not flagged. Just good, hard football.
1. Penn State-bound Southern receiver Mike Gesicki makes a one-handed catch with two defenders draped on him in a 17-14 win over Toms River East. The Raiders get flagged for pass interference and still can't stop it. Just add it to an already packed highlight reel for Gesicki.