Football: Video Plays of the Week, 10/30/13
Welcome to the latest edition of the Shore Sports Network’s top plays, highlighting the most dazzling and exciting moments from Shore Conference football action.
This week we take a look at the top clips from Week Seven. Obviously, we can’t be filming every game at once, so if you have a great clip on YouTube, Vimeo or some other service where it can be embedded, or if you have the raw video file, feel free to email me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet it to me at @Scott_Stump.
And here we go….
10. Southern only scored once in a 12-7 loss to Brick Memorial, but it was on this bomb from Logan Sheehan to running back Rob Yaiser. This one goes about 40 yards in the air.
9. Tyler Thompson takes one 67 yards to paydirt to help put away Ocean's 21-6 win over Long Branch in a big B North showdown.
8. Asbury Park quarterback Robert Barksdale eludes six defenders on a 12-yard touchdown run. Barksdale goes through and around the Metuchen defense in a 32-0 win. You can watch it here.
7. Manalapan junior John Cheung is rapidly becoming the Devin Hester of Shore Conference football. Kick to him at your own risk. The best part of this 91-yard kickoff return for a score against Colts Neck is that the Cougars initially kicked off out of bounds. Manalapan made them re-kick, and Cheung took it to the house for his third special teams touchdown of the season.
6. Howell's Jarvis Leaks takes the opening kickoff back 96 yards for a touchdown in a 21-20 win over Freehold Township. Now that's how you start a game.
5. Keyport's Alex Thomson is everywhere against Keansburg. Returning a fumble for a score, making sacks, throwing touchdowns and running for scores, Thomson had himself a day in a 56-35 win over the Titans.
4. Raritan running back Jared Collins goes wild against Colonia. The fans' choice as the Player of the Week had 334 yards in an eye-opening 38-18 win on the road for the Rockets. His rushing, receiving and a kick return gave Colonia a headache all night as you can see here.
3. Lacey senior wideout Christian Tutela has nearly 200 yards receiving and throws a touchdown pass in a 62-44 loss to Jackson Memorial. Tutela went crazy in the loss. Watch his performance here.
2. Jackson Memorial and Khani Glover have an all-time night in a 62-44 win over Lacey. The Jaguars trashed the school record book and wrote a whole new one, led by 303 yards rushing and three touchdowns by Glover (#33). Senior Ken Bradley (#20) also scores five touchdowns, bouncing off one Lacey tackler after another. Watch the highlights here.
1. Middletown North hits a great trick play for a 57-yard touchdown against South Brunswick. Tailback Chad Freshnock lines up at quarterback while quarterback Donald Glenn splits to wideout. Freshnock hands to wideout Jake Betkowski coming across the formation, Betkowski flips it to Glenn running back like it's a reverse, and then Glenn unloads a bomb to Jordan Pitts for a touchdown in a hard-fought, 28-21 loss to the defending Central Jersey Group V champs.