Football: Video Plays of the Week, 10/23/13
Welcome to the latest edition of the Shore Sports Network’s top plays, highlighting the most dazzling and exciting moments from Shore Conference football action.
This week we take a look at the top clips from Week Six. Obviously, we can’t be filming every game at once, so if you have a great clip on YouTube, Vimeo or some other service where it can be embedded, or if you have the raw video file, feel free to email me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet it to me at @Scott_Stump.
And here we go....
10. Matawan's Mike Creamer puts on a special teams clinic against Wall. Yes, I know punting and kicking isn't the most dynamic thing in the world, but watch as he pins Wall time and again inside its own 20 with booming punts. He also nailed the game-winning field goal with less than a minute left in a 9-7 win.
9. Barnegat's Tyler McGuinness with a solid shot on a ballcarrier. A Central receiver is trying to tightrope the sidelines while running after the catch when McGuinness puts a stop to that.
8. Central's Jordan Hardy goes high to snatch a pass from Marquis Drumright and then takes off 80 yards to the house against Barnegat.
7. Manalapan junior John Cheung drops a punt, runs back a few yards, picks it off the turf, then takes it 50 yards to the house in a 42-7 win over East Brunswick for his second return for a touchdown this season. You can watch the clip here.
6. Jackson Liberty defensive back Matt Pinto nabs an interception then somehow weaves his way through a thicket of Lakewood players on his way to a 55-yard return for a touchdown in a 29-20 loss to the Piners.
5. Toms River East running back Matt Gudzak is at it again. He busted a 59-yard touchdown....
...and went flying down the sideline for a 71-yard run in a four-touchdown night to highlight a 42-35 win over Brick.
4. Lacey goes deep into the bag of tricks for a double-reverse pass from wideout Christian Tutela to fellow wideout Mike Bocchini for a 74-yard touchdown pass in a 21-7 loss to Southern.
3. Keyport senior Alex Thomson pulls off a nasty spin move to complete a touchdown run in a 28-27 loss to South River. Not too shabby for a 6-foot-5 quarterback. It's the second play in the clip below.
2. Monsignor Donovan senior running back Joey Fields celebrates head coach Dan Duddy's 100th win with a 99-yard touchdown against Pinelands. It's the second play in the clip below.
1. Red Bank Regional sophomore Sadiq Palmer was sensational on both sides of the ball in a 36-35 double-overtime thriller over Neptune for the Bucs' first win. He had six catches for 112 yards and three touchdowns and also had 12 tackles and two forced fumbles. Here are two clips from his performance, starting with a hit that sent a ballcarrier flying about five yards in the air.
The Bucs decided to go for two and the win in double overtime after Palmer's third touchdown catch, and he delivered in winning fashion on the conversion run as the maroon-and-white faithful go bananas. Unfortunately you are going to have to tilt your screen to see it right side up as this is the best clip I was sent, but you get the picture.