lacrosse scoreboard, client (current recovery and performance)



3-St. Augustine 10, 6-CBA 5

The Colts and Hermits were tied at five entering the fourth quarter but Air Force-bound attackman David Burr and linemate Mikey Vanaman led a fourth-quarter surge that sent St. Augustine past CBA and into the state semifinals.

Sophomore attackman Dan Martin led CBA with three goals while senior attackman Connor Macrae tallied one goal and two assists and sophomore goalie Noah D'Andrea was great with 13 saves. Sophomore midfielder Kyle Aldridge scored once while LSM Dillon Quinn and attackman Ged Clark had one assist each.

After a scoreless first quarter, Martin put CBA up 1-0 when Macrae dealt him a pass from X and he scored with a behind-the-back shot 3:45 into the second quarter. The Hermits then took a 2-1 lead on goals by Logan Hone at 7:02 and Burr at 2:15, but CBA was able to tie the score at two when Quinn led a fast break and dished to Macrae, who whistled a shot past St. Augustine goalie Joey Serafine with 1:44 left in the half.

The teams traded blows in the third quarter, starting with CBA taking a 3-2 lead 10 seconds into the second half. Quinn made a great play on the face-off by snagging a ground ball out of mid-air and leading another fast break that culminated with Macrae setting up Martin for a goal. The Colts' lead grew to 4-2 just over three minutes later when Macrae again dished to Martin from X to finish off a great passing sequence.

St. Augustine responded with three straight goals, however, to take a 5-4 lead. Hone took a pass from Burr and ripped a shot past D'Andrea to make it 4-3, then scored with another long-range rocket less than a minute later to tie the game at four. A low, skipping shot by Burr found its way into the net with 2:48 to go in the third put the Hermits up 5-4. Aldridge was able to tie the score, 5-5, with 1:01 left in the quarter when he dodged to his left and whipped a shot past Serafine.

The fourth quarter was all St. Augustine, starting with Burr's goal at 8:41 to give the Hermits a 6-5 lead they would not relinquish. Vanaman scored less than a minute later for a 7-5 lead before Burr scored twice in a span of 80 seconds to make it 9-5 and put the game away. Vanaman added another insurance goal with 2:31 on the clock.

St. Augustine will play second-seeded Delbarton in the semifinals.


Follow Shore Sports Network on Twitter @ShoreSportsNet and on Instagram. Like Shore Sports Network on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel for all the latest video highlights. 


More From Shore Sports Network