MU B-Ball Report: 12/16/11
The Monmouth University basketball team has appeared to have turned the corner after an 0-8 start to the 2011-12 season under first-year head coach King Rice. The Hawks have won two of their last three games, with the loss being at Rutgers in a game where MU was down three points at the half. With 20 games left in the season, let’s take a closer look inside the first 11 contests of the year:
- The Hawks have scored 70+ points on four occasions this season. Last year, MU scored 70 or more points twice.
- Monmouth outscored Vanderbilt, 46-45 in the second half of their contest on 11/25. In the second half of that game in Nashville, the Hawks shot 62.5% from three-point range and 51.7% from the floor.
- Since Marcus Ware has returned from injury, Monmouth is 2-1 and is averaging 71.7 points per game. The Hawks are shooting 48.2% from the floor in those games, in addition to 35.2% from three-point range and 74.4% from the foul line.
- Junior Ed Waite is shooting 68.4% from the floor over the last three games, and leads the team with 19 rebounds over that span.
- In their last three games, freshman guard Austin Tillotson is shooting 62.5% from the floor and has five assists compared to one turnover.
The Hawks are off until December 22 when they host Rider in the MAC at 7:00pm. After that, MU is off again until December 28, when they visit Lafayette at 7:00 pm.