Football: Video Plays of the Week, 11/6/13
Welcome to the latest edition of the Shore Sports Network’s top plays, highlighting the most dazzling and exciting moments from Shore Conference football action.
This week we take a look at the top clips from Week Eight. Obviously, we can’t be filming every game at once, so if you have a great clip on YouTube, Vimeo or some other service where it can be embedded, or if you have the raw video file, feel free to email me a link at email@example.com or tweet it to me at @Scott_Stump.
I got so many submissions from coaches and players this week that we're expanding it to the top 15 plays from Week Eight. Here we go...
15. Rumson's Charlie Volker runs all over Monmouth Regional. Pretty much one big run after another from a 42-6 win on his way to 252 yards. You can watch it here.
14. Lakewood's Mike Randolph hauls in a 60-yard touchdown pass from Chapelle Cook for a crucial touchdown on a 21-14 upset of previously undefeated Barnegat.
13. This is another one from Class B South, as Jackson Liberty's Brett Ribellino goes up high to snatch a pass from John Veneziano in a 30-20 win over Point Boro.
12. Manalapan's special teams are pretty much good for a touchdown a week at this point. Here's junior Dan Debner taking a punt 50 yards for a score in a 42-7 win over Toms River North for his third return touchdown of the season. You can watch the clip here.
11. Middletown North scores a special teams touchdown and a defensive touchdown in the span of a minute in a 55-31 win over Howell. First, Dylan Hallard takes back a blocked punt for a score. Then, everyone's favorite - a big man touchdown. Sophomore defensive lineman Vincent Pianforte picks up a fumble after a sack and rumbles 25 yards to the end zone.
10. Speaking of big guy touchdowns, here's Matawan defensive lineman Jake Weber recovering an errant snap and going 30 yards to the house in a 17-13 loss to Long Branch. You can watch it here.
9. It's not so much the spectacular nature of these plays as when they were made. Brick quarterback Joe Phillips finds freshman wideout Ja'sir Taylor for a 13-yard touchdown pass with 28 seconds left in the game against Lacey....
....and then Brick decides to go for two and the win after a roughing call on the extra point, and junior running back Ray Fattaruso, out of the "Raycat" formation, plows in for a big 25-24 win.
8. Barnegat's Kyle Morris came up with this nice diving catch on a pass from Cinjun Erskine a 21-14 loss to Lakewood.
7. It came in a 29-14 loss to Toms River South, but Brick Memorial junior Joe Hans had the "look ma, one han(d)" on a sensational one-handed interception in the end zone. You can watch it here.
6. Toms River South junior quarterback Tymere Berry is the Houdini of the Shore Conference. Just a short gain on fourth-and-inches? Nope, try a 45-yard touchdown run against Brick Memorial. Watch it here.
5. Datrell Reed and Fejon Sutton combine on an interception return for a touchdown for Lakewood. Reed picks off a pass and starts heading for the end zone before the ball gets stripped. Sutton is right on the spot, picking it up, bobbling it around and eventually gripping it tight and returning it the rest of the way for a big touchdown in a 21-14 win over Barnegat.
4. Red Bank Catholic's Larry Redaelli takes off for an 89-yard touchdown run against Middletown South. Redaelli had another huge game in the midst of a brilliant season, and this was the prime highlight.
3. St. John Vianney's Tyler Hyman blocks an extra point in overtime to win the game in a 28-27 victory against Holmdel. Hyman also had a 65-yard touchdown catch in the win. The block is at the 1:13 mark. You can watch it here.
2. Manchester's Amani Richardson returns a blocked field goal 88 yards for a touchdown in a 40-6 win over Pinelands. He appears to be pinned along the sideline, then reverses all the way across the field for a crazy return. Watch it here, starting at the 40-second mark.
1. Central's Javon Hardy had the biggest game of his career with 277 yards rushing and a school-record six touchdowns in a win over Monsignor Donovan. Here he runs for an 80-yard touchdown...
...and then highlights the night with a crazy 83-yard interception return to the house to put Central in position to clinch at least a tie for the Class B South title with a win over Manchester this week.
And that will do it for this week. All we got is all you need from Week Eight.