Football: Video Plays of the Week, 10/16/13
Welcome to the latest edition of the Shore Sports Network’s top plays, highlighting the most dazzling and exciting moments from Shore Conference football action.
This week we take a look at the top clips from Week Five. Obviously, we can’t be filming every game at once, so if you have a great clip on YouTube, Vimeo or some other service where it can be embedded, or if you have the raw video file, feel free to email me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet it to me at @Scott_Stump. Also, if any coaches or video coordinators for teams have a great play and can export it from Hudl (directions here), then download it to your desktop or laptop and email it to me, feel free to also reach out so we can truly get a large amount of great plays from across the Shore.
Top 10 plays
10. Manasquan's Kieran Preston gets a good shot on a Middletown South receiver in a 38-0 win over the Eagles.
9. Brick Memorial's Rob Triano puts up the flaps on the way to the end zone. Triano runs for a 46-yard touchdown in a 27-16 win over Neptune, and like a plane coming in for a landing, lets out the flaps (in this case a towel) as he glides in for the finish.
8. Manalapan's Dan Debner makes an over-the-shoulder interception, then weaves his way through traffic for a 43-yard return for a touchdown in a 31-0 win over Jackson Memorial.
7. Toms River East's Matt Gudzak runs wild against Howell. He got his 237 yards rushing in a 47-41 overtime win in chunks despite playing on a sloppy, muddy field, as you can see in these clips here.
6. Joey Rodriguez is all over the field to help Keansburg get its first win, 41-6, over Highland Park. Rodriguez lines up at running back, quarterback and wide receiver and does damage to power the win. On defense, he had a forced fumble, a sack and a tackle for a loss.
5. Brick Memorial's Mike Manso makes a heads-up play. This is more like the bizarro plays of the week, as the Mustangs kick off to Neptune and everybody stares at a live ball for a few seconds before Manso comes flying in and recovers it at Neptune's 4-yard line to set up what proved to be the winning touchdown in the fourth quarter.
4. Manasquan's Joe Murphy runs for a 71-yard touchdown against Middletown South in the third quarter...
3....and follows with a 72-yard touchdown on a screen pass on the Warriors' next possession to blow the game open.
2. Mater Dei Prep's Tysaun White takes an interception 96 yards the other way in a 36-16 loss to Keyport. That might be a Seraphs school record for a pick six.
1. Wide receiver Dylan Dewysockie catches the longest touchdown pass in Raritan history at 99 1/2 yards from quarterback Riley Sullivan. It's an all-out footrace for the last 50 yards and Dewysockie wins it to help the Rockets beat Monmouth 31-16 and snap a 14-game losing streak. Watch the clip at the 38-second mark here.