Boys Basketball Friday Scoreboard, 3/6/15
Central Jersey Group IV
(13) Hillsborough at (9) Marlboro - PPD, Saturday, 1 p.m.
(3) Colts Neck at (2) Freehold Twp. - PPD, Saturday, 1 p.m.
Central Jersey Group II
(8) Bordentown 62, (4) Rumson-Fair Haven 56
Myron Gordon scored a game-high 28 points and the Scotties knocked off the Shore Conference Tournament champion Bulldogs, ending Rumson's 13-game winning streak. Rumson rallied from a nine-point halftime deficit to take a 43-42 lead going to the fourth, but Bordentown closed the game with a 20-13 fourth quarter.
Morgan Maguire led Rumson with 16 points while Brendan Barry and Thomas Famulary scored 15 points apiece in defeat.
(11) Matawan at (2) Manasquan - PPD, Saturday, 1 p.m.
Central Jersey Group III
(6) Wall at (3) Hamilton West - PPD, Saturday, 1 p.m.
(15) Holmdel at (10) Middletown North - PPD, Saturday, 1 p.m.
Central Jersey Group I
(4) Shore 56, (5) Florence 48
Senior Dan Largey scored 21 points to close within 12 of 1,000 for his career and the Blue Devils topped the Flashes to reach the Central Jersey Group I semifinals for the third straight year. Shore will travel to play top-seeded Perth Amboy Tech Saturday at 5 p.m. for a chance to play in the sectional final for the second straight year.
Senior Kevin Bloodgood scored 13 of his 17 points in the first half, while senior Jack Byrne poured in 12 as the senior trio combined for 49 of the 56 Shore points.
(3) Point Beach 61, (6) Bound Brook 43
Senior Jesse Hill scored a team-high 18 points and the two-time defending sectional champion Garnet Gulls pulled away in the second half to beat the Crusaders. Point Beach will host No. 7 South Hunterdon Saturday in the sectional semifinals at 6 p.m.
Junior Mike Rice added 14 points and junior Jimmy Panzini chipped in 10 for Point Beach, which outscored Bound Brook 35-18 in the second half.
South Jersey Group III
(11) Ocean City at (3) Toms River South - PPD, Saturday, 3 p.m.
South Jersey Non-Public A
(3) CBA 71, (6) Gloucester Catholic 47
Junior Pat Andree led four CBA players in double-figures with 20 points and the Colts rode a balanced attack to a convincing win over the Rams. CBA will play Sunday against the winner of Saturday's quarterfinal between No. 7 Red Bank Catholic and No. 2 Camden Catholic.
Junior Jack McGuire added 14 points for CBA, while senior Jack Laffey also pitched in 13 points. Senior Shaun Belbey also added 11 points and seven assists for CBA, which used a 20-3 run over a stretch of the first and second quarters to seize a 30-11 lead. Gloucester Catholic did not get closer than 12 points the rest of the way.
(7) Red Bank Catholic at (2) Camden Catholic - PPD, Saturday, 3 p.m.